Purchase Property Address
Please select the number of buyers below 12
Date of Birth (dd/mm/yy):
Address Line 1:
Address Line 2:
Changes were made to the Money Laundering Regulations on 26th June 2017 placing a legal
requirement on Estate Agents to verify the identity of all buyers at the point of offer
acceptance. We will not be able to enter a business relationship with a buyer until we have
satisfactorily completed this process.
We require you to provide approved documents to confirm your name and residency address. These documents will be retains for a period of 5 years in line with
We require the following documentation:
Photographic Identification: Either a Driving Licence or Passport
Utility Bill: To confirm your residency address
Please understand we will not be able to issue the Memorandum of sale until we have completed this process and
obtained all documentation.- Please provide documents as soon as possible through this form, in person or via scanning and
I/We hereby give permission for identity checks to be carried out in accordance with the Money Laundering and Terrorist
Financing Regulations 2017, and for such information to be held and processed for the purposes of the prevention and
detection of money laundering and terrorism offences. Such information may be shared with this Estate Agent. I/We
confirm the information above to be true.
In addition to confirming the identity as referred to above, we are now required to ascertain whether you or any member of
your immediate family is classed as a politically Exposed Persons (PEPs)
Politically exposed persons are persons that are entrusted with prominent public functions, held in the UK or abroad.
Typically, this includes:
• Heads of state, Heads of Government, Ministers and deputy or assistant ministers
• Members of parliament or similar bodies
• Members of the governing bodies of political parties
• Members of supreme and constitutional courts and other high level judicial bodies
• Members of courts of auditors or boards of central banks
• Ambassadors, and high-ranking officers in the armed forces
• Members of the administrative, management or supervisory bodies of state owned enterprises
• Directors, deputy directors and members of the board, or equivalent of an international organisation
The definition includes family members such as spouse, partners, children (of the person and their spouse or partner) and
parents and known close associates. Close associates are persons who have:
• Joint legal ownership, with a politically exposed person, of a legal entity or arrangement
• Any other close business relationship with a politically exposed person
• Sole beneficial ownership or a legal entity or arrangement set up for the benefit of a politically exposed person.
Does a PEP situation need to be reported for any named Buyer?
Do you have a solicitor you'd like to use?